Re: Accessibility and Stylesheets

Kynn:

You may be interested in a free online workshop on accessible curriculum design
which we are offering through the Adaptive Technology Resource Centre at U of
Toronto. The purpose of the three week workshop is to provide a user-friendly
introduction to the functioning of adaptive tech, basics of accessible HTML, with
optional resources for those who are readly for more.  I am still working on the
content of the course, but it will up on Oct. 13. The URL for info on this, and
our other online courses related to special education is:
http://snow.utoronto.ca/courses.html

We also have an accessible web design service, called Web-Savvy, and have posted
a summary list of the WAI standards which we are using as design guidelines.
This is not a learning tool, but rather a short list of all accessibility
standards, divided into "Required Protocols" (Priority 1), or "Recommended
Protocols" (Priority 2, 3).
http://www.utoronto.ca/atrc/web-savvy/standards.html

The "Research and Development" section of the ATRC web site also provides some
good summary information on accessible web design:
http://www.utoronto.ca/atrc/rd/rd.html

Hope this helps!

--
Laurie Harrison