FW: alt tags no with a twist

I disagree, I used this backdoor approach before, then decided not to!  I
was able to design around it!

I can the support developers side, but ....  What is he separating?  Images
or text?  If it is images then he can make the images longer and make that
area transparent.  He could just use a one pixel by one pixel image or one
pixel by the length needed and align it on the top.  The odds of someone
bumping that are low - still use alt tag called spacer.  This can be
effective, but depends on your requirements.

I do not want to question his design layout because I do not know what he
is trying to accomplish.  Who knows what will work for this person...

Cheers...rob