RE: Nir's comments - tables vs imagemaps

When text is linked and separated by a space, we separate with a pipe or
something to make it distinct.  Say we have a bunch of images in
side-by-side layout AND we are NOT using a table.  Do we also include a
separator with the alt tag.  ...Looking to see how on other browsers and
tools handle this ( that I do not have)

Building upon shurel's example, this would be something like this...
alt="- layout3.jpg (3607 bytes) - "