Re: JFW and WinVision

both screenreaders have dictionaries to which you can add speaking rules.
a rule might look like this:
word rule
dol d o l
the first line is the header line to show what is what.  the actual rule
would look like this:
dol d o l
or:
 dol department of labor
however, if you type:
MR.
you will hear mister.
gee, I wonder what happens if you type mr.y
<grin>

On Tue, 28 Jul 1998, Robert Neff wrote:

> how does JFW and winvision handle Acronyms for those NOT using or designing
> to HTML 4.  In pwWebSpeak, I must separate the letters and slow down the
> speed...
>
> For example DOL stands for Department of Labor and pwWebSpeak reads this as
> "DOLL"  so we put a space inbetween the letters.
>
> Also do they recognize state abbreviations, for example, "VA" is
> "Virginia".
> I have just loaded but not played with pwWebSpeak 2, but in the previous
> versions it might be read "VA" as Virginia but miss "AL" for Alabama.
>
> How does WinVision handle abbreviations and state abbreviations?

Hands-On-Technolog(eye)s
touching the internet
voice: 1-(301) 949-7599
poehlman@clark.net
ftp://ftp.clark.net/pub/poehlman
http://www.clark.net/pub/poehlman
Dynamic solutions Inc.
Best of service for your Small Business network Needs
Http://www.dnsolutions.com