Re: The problem with tables

Lynx (at leat our copy) handles tables, just not the same way a
graphical browser does. Lynx throws columns underneath each other
correct? This allows screen readers to keep the columnar confusion that
McCathieNevile described.

BTW, tables- although they were intended for support of columnar data,
were as page formatting kludges in one of the early Arena demos out of
CERN or an early W3C site correct?

-nick

T. V. Raman wrote:

> lynx does not handle tables well-- it presently ignores
> them.
> All these problems will materialize when they implement
> tables.
> JFW probably does better today than six months ago on some
> simple tables, but it'll die badly on the CNN weather page I
> forwarded here.
>
> --
> Best Regards,
> --raman
>
>       Adobe Systems                 Tel: 1 (408) 536 3945   (W14-612)
>       Advanced Technology Group     Fax: 1 (408) 537 4042
>       (W14 129) 345 Park Avenue     Email: raman@adobe.com
>       San Jose , CA 95110 -2704     Email:  raman@cs.cornell.edu
>       http://labrador.corp.adobe.com/~raman/        (Adobe Intranet)
>       http://cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/raman.html    (Cornell)
>     Disclaimer: The opinions expressed are my own and in no way should be taken
> as representative of my employer, Adobe Systems Inc.

Nick Traenkner,	design manager
Kent Infoworks
131 Moulton Hall, Kent Ohio 44242

Notes On Hypertext Literature