RE: Just a idea

You have a very good project.  I am glad that their are companies finally
researching how to implement such things.  Your approach seems a bit
lacking, though.  Isolating users to their own section of the web is not a
reasonable solution.  Segregating blind users from the rest of the
population is a rather thoughtless approach.  How would a blind user find
the proposed button to click it?  Forcing a user to use a mouse is not a
good solution.  A keyboard is much more friendly to a blind user, as the
keys don't move around.  What about a blind user with a mobility problem
whom cannot use a mouse?  A keyboard or voice input would be essential.

This seems like a very backward solution to the problem.  Rather than
reinvent the wheel, why not utilize the W3C's research and expertise in this
area.  Why not write a browser/editor that uses the very well designed
methods already in place rather than a hunt and peck method to make current
browsers work, as proposed?  The proposal looks like it would be extremely
unfriendly and confusing to anyone, especially someone with a visual
impairment or blindness.  It may be better than nothing.  But, look what
they could have if the web was designed using the W3C's proposals and a bit
of research.  Everyone could access every document without the need for
different versions.

We need better editor/browser software.  And, we need to educate designers.
(Both of which are being addressed by the W3C, as I understand.)  Those are
the only real solutions that I see.  We can design a million ways to make
things better.  But, it is useless if there is no software that properly
supports it, and, there is no one to teach designers how to use it.

,David Norris

Illusionary Web - http://illusionary.dyn.ml.org/ <-- 02:00 - 10:00 GMT
Video/Audio Phone - callto:illusionary.dyn.ml.org
Page via mail - 412039@pager.mirabilis.com
ICQ Universal Internet Number - 412039
E-Mail - kg9ae@geocities.com