Re: Web Accessibility

I would not be in favor of abandoning developpment of good practice
policy development or implimentation because of any effort no matter how
outstanding and this one truly is, that effort might be to render access
to a particular segment of any population.

In my day to day activities, I have contact with many individuals who's
lives would be so much simpler if only a document producer or web
page/site author made a small change here or there or began their work
with access in mind.

 On Thu, 11 Jun 1998, Wilson Craig wrote:

> Henter-Joyce's JAWS for Windows 3.2 includes functions for reformatting
> web pages with Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.01 that solve many of the
> problems that blind people have when surfing the web.
>
> By reformatting the page to exclude non-linked, non alt-tagged graphic
> images, placing all text in one column on the left side of the page and
> placing the word "link" before each link, the program makes MOST web
> pages easily accessible.
>
> At any time, you may bring all links on the page up in an easy-to use,
> alphabetical list box that also tells you how many links are on the
> page. The tools on the tool bar are displayed in a list box with another
> keystroke.
>
> The functions described here are also applicable to Microsoft Outlook
> Express e-mail.
>
> Please visit the Henter-Joyce web site at
> http://www.hj.com/JFW/JFWIE.html to read more about this product. I
> apologize for using this list as a marketing tool, and I do so with
> reservation, but this product addresses many of the problems that are
> discussed here on a regular basis.
>
> Wilson Craig
> Webmaster
> Henter-Joyce, Inc.