Re: Using htlm editors to produce clean code?

Reality check, here.

In a perfect world, we would have folks learning a never-changing HTML
protocol with easy-to-use CGI, Active X, APA, and Java programs, all 100%
accessible regardless of the browser the reader is using.

In a perfect world, all those overworked, overobligated secretaries,
computer support staff, and interns thrown in charge of writing web pages
would want to learn proper HTML standards so to write good, accessible web
pages.

For these people in a perfect world, I agree with you, Charles, that there
should be easy access to universally accepted standards for accessible web
sites so that those willing to learn don't have to depend on 2nd rate HTML
editors.

However, I strongly believe pressure needs to be applied to those
manufacturers of those 2nd rate HTML editors to improve their product and
make them adhere HTML 4.0 and WAI standards, at least to give us people
living in a imperfect world a chance.

Wayne

Wayne Crotts
Information and Computer Services Support
Program on Human Development and Disability
A University Affiliated Program
College of Family & Consumer Sciences
University of Georgia
Athens, GA