Re: D-link and LONGDESC (GL type stuff)

At 02:27 PM 25/04/98 +1000, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>For a browser like Lynx, my suggestion
>is to add a 'D-link' link after any object which has a LONGDESC -
>provides consistency with D-linked sites currently in use. As Kynn
>pointed out, the difficulty in the case is that many images are links
>already. A visual solution will a) not solve the problem for unsighted
>users and b) put designers offside. Neither of these are likely to be a
>problem for browsers like Lynx which are not used by most designers
>except as a testbed for accessibility requirements.

But Lynx is still used by people, and I wouldn't want people to see a page
spattered with these strange "D-link" things unless they wanted it that
way.  Lynx should, by default, hide D-links unless the user explicitly
requests them (with some command key).  When shown, the D-links could
probably just be "[D]" to minimize the visual disruption.

--
Liam Quinn