Research methods discussion on RC list [was RE: Research on Accessibility

Hi, IG listers,

Just a note to tell you that the discussion of Andrea Elliott's question
about doing research about how accessible web sites are for people with
disabilities moved over the the RC list.  That list, for those of you
not familiar with it, deals with tools for evaluating web sites and
tools for improving accessibility.

Two types of issues came up.

One was a comparison of different types of studies, like web forms,
phone surveys, and lab testing.

Another involved how people with disabilities sometimes get treated in
an objectionable manner in labs studies.  Perhaps it would be useful to
come up with some research guidelines, e.g. for people new to the field,
so they don't inadvertently act in an objectionable manner.

I am going to create two separate threads on these subjects on the RC
list.  If you'd like to join these discussions, please subscribe!

You can join the list by sending mail to w3c-wai-rc-request@w3.org with
a "Subject: subscribe" to register.

Previous discussions are archived at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-rc/

Len

All opinions expressed here are my own, not necessarily those of my
employer.
kasday@att.com         phone 732 949 2693

Leonard R. Kasday
Room 1J-316A