RE: Guidelines for email

The only addition I might make to this is to precede the initials with
something like an asterisk or a greater than.  Now, if there are additions
to the document by more than one person, you can search for all additions by
searching for the asterisks or greater thans.

At 01:49 PM 11/11/97 -0500, Kasday, Leonard wrote:
>	Gregg & George wrote:
>

>	>4) If new text is inserted within the body of the Old message.
>	 >     a) Mark all new text with author initials followed by a
>colon (e.g   GV:  or  GK:)
>	 >         BE CONSISTENT so that a person using a screen reader
>can use text search
>	 >       to find all your comments.
>	 > b) Mention at top of message that you have done so.  For
>example:
>	 >  My comments are below marked with GV:
>
>I have a couple of questions
>
>	1. In a case like this where I start off by quoting the original
>email, what's the best way to quote and add my comments?  What I've done
>here is use the usual greater than sign.  I've also inserted a phrase "I
>have a couple of questions" to indicate where what I'm saying starts.
>
>	2. When we mark our comments with our intitials, are you saying
>that we mark each line with our initials, for examples
>
>	LRK: Now is the time for all good men
>	LRK: to come to the aid of their country.
>
>	This adds reading clutter it seems to me.   Also, the first
>sentence runs into the second LRK.  Would some other convention be
>better, e.g. to enclose the text by e.g.  "LRK start" and "LRK end".
>(Insert your own initials of course, grin).  Here's how it looks and
>sounds:
>
>	LRK start: Now is the time for all good men
>	to come to the aid of their country.
>LRK end.
>
>This is also easier to type.
>
>Len
>
>====================================
>kasday@att.com         phone 732 949 2693
>
>Leonard R. Kasday
>Room 1L-333
>AT&T Laboratories
>101 Crawfords Corner Rd.
>Holmdel NJ 07733

Neal Ewers
Field Coordinator
Trace Research and Development Center
Waisman Center, room S153
1500 Highland Avenue
University of Wisconsin-Madison 53705
Phone: (608) 263-5485
FAX: (608) 262-8848
FTP, Gopher and WWW servers at: trace.wisc.edu
For a list of our listserve discussions send lists to:
listproc@trace.wisc.edu