RE: Guidelines for email

	chris wrote:
> But I think what Gregg was referring to is something already done by
> some mail user agents, using the initials for the *quoted* message:

LRK's reply:
No, actually what Gregg and George said was, quote,
 If new text is inserted within the body of the Old message.
... Mark all new text with author initials followed by a colon (e.g
GV:  or  GK:)
unquote.

To which I suggested just marking the beginning and end to reduce verbal
clutter.

 I like Neal's suggestion of a character to search on to find new
comments.   We'd need a character that's rarely used though.  Maybe
curley brackets {} ?

I'm also sympathetic with Jim's caution about changing what people are
used to.

Len