RE: ALT-attribute usage (fwd)

alt is short for alternative and in this case, it is an alternative to
image and usually stands for the image as in Chuck's description.  I
suggest that title be used as a title.  this would be less confusing.  it
should be pointed out that if the image serves a function than alt should
state it but it should also be obvious in some way that a picture is being
replaced with text.  let a d or description link or page stand for
describing in minute detail if desired the image.

Hands-On-Technolog(eye)s
touching the internet
voice: 1-(301) 949-7599
poehlman@clark.net