Re: User Interface '97 Conference in Boston

At 04:40 PM 9/18/97 -0400, Phill Jenkins <pjenkins@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>Since the "User Interface '97 Conference" is being held in Cambridge, MA I
>thought that someone might be able to represent the W3C WAI and spread the word
>about accessibility to this group. I am not personally involved in the
>conference.
>
>I've copied the conference chair so that he is aware of our activities
>http://www.w3.org/WAI/ and the basic accessibility principiles of keyboard
>access, and alternative text for images, sound, and video.
>
>Regards,
>Phill Jenkins     (678-4517 tieline)  512 838-4517
>IBM Special Needs  Fax:  512 838-9367
>11501 Burnet Rd    pjenkins@us.ibm.com
>Austin TX 78758    http://www.ibm.com/sns

I suggested to them that a significant gap in their program was absence of
any accessibility awareness. I offered to provide some accessibility input
to them. They asserted that it might show up in some of the sessions, though
it was not a focus of any. Part of their rationale was that that was a small
conference and they were uncertain if attendees would see any revenue
potential from accessibility. A pity.

Regards/Harvey Bingham