Re: CSS 2: priorities in cascading order

From: <ben.pawson@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 08:29:10 +0000
To: WAI HC Working Group <w3c-wai-hc@w3.org>
Jason White wrote:
[snip]

> I would envisage the priority scheme as follows:
>
> User Required
> Author Important
> User Important
> Author Required Author Normal
> User Normal
>
> This retains existing priorities, but adds "user required" at the top of
> the hierarchy, as well as changing the specificity rules.
>
> I would favour a key word such as "!required" rather than
> "!accessibility".

Could I support HL position, accessible / accessibility rather than user
required.
Simply on grounds of first interpretation. The reason for the highest
priority
is then clear - as Jason stated in a post a few days ago; 'I need it for
.....'.
[It always puzzled me why it wasn't there in the first place!]

regards, DaveP