Re: How CSS is critical for accessibility

From: Daniel Dardailler <danield@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 1997 18:13:26 +0100
To: w3c-wai-hc@w3.org (HC team)

> I could use some help understanding your vision of the
> universal-technology web and how CSS delivers it (understanding
> better).

My personal view is that making HTML4 and CSS2 successfull for the
delivery of flashy or otherwise graphical content is paramount, and
much more important than making CSS successfull in conveying audio or
braille output.

This is really about giving back to HTML its simplest form of just a
content+structure vehicle (and putting all the presentation glitter in
SS).

Things like ACSS and BrailleCSS are good, but I see them more being
used a pure client-side features, and therefore, being implementable
by any client at any time (using whatever means they like, maybe not
SS at all, like pwWebSpeak of today for instance).