Re: Desc and Alt (fwd)

From: MegaZone <megazone@livingston.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 1997 02:17:35 -0700 (PDT)
To: w3c-wai-hc@w3.org
Once upon a time Al Gilman shaped the electrons to say...
>> Note that an alternative approach would be to import the contents of
>> description.html in the above example directly into the document.
[snip]
>From the author perspective it is unacceptable to have no idea of
>what "normally" is going to happen with what you are writing.
>If you can't tell the authors that, they likely won't write it.
>We will be more effective if we can be reasonably definite.

I would think graphical browsers would make it a link if the image is
displayed, or include the text inline (preferably in a box to indicate
it stands alone from the 'normal' text) if image loading is off.

Default for non-graphical browsers would be to include it inline - setoff
in some manner from the surrounding text.

-MZ
Phone: 800-458-9966 510-737-2100 FAX: 510-737-2110 megazone@livingston.com
Snail mail: 4464 Willow Road, Pleasanton, CA 94588