D-Link: To See or Not to See

An invisible D-link is also not invisible if you tab through the links.
  The highlight sort of disappears or highlights a teeeeny tiny point on
the screen.

I personally think it should be VISIBLE.   I think we should come up with a
small icon that is recognizable even when small and is also attractive.
  People could have the option of making it invisible if they chose to keep
their layout clean.  But we would encourage the use of the visible icon.

I do think that many will find the descriptions instructive.

What should it look like?

Well, if there is a latin word for description that starts with D  i would
use a nice little D.  The alt text could then also be D (yes it would need
an alt text - so we dont want to use a graphic symbol that needs a long alt
text).

When we get to the point where all subpieces (gifs etc) are downloaded with
a page, the D-links should autodownload along with the page (even if
graphics autoload is turned off)

Gregg