Re: WCAG 2.1/2.2 errata pre-CFC

HI Wilco,

Thanks for looking through.

For the single-pointer definition I’ll get some feedback from the TF. There wasn’t an intent to change the scope, let’s see what they say:
https://github.com/w3c/wcag/pull/3536

For the images of text definition links, I assume you mean this bit:
https://github.com/w3c/wcag/pull/3038/files#diff-5992e3ead3ec31ca61641bf8fa29895aa0dce67d9d6408168124cbec88575672

I thought that was appropriate because it added the definition to the top part (which is “_text_ that has been rendered in a non-text form”).
And it took away the current link from “text that is part of a picture that contains significant other visual content.”, which appears to align with your argument?

For error identification:
https://github.com/w3c/wcag/pull/3038/files#diff-b9e2005d006c77d296e7e6a40d722a6ff1281ef5df93355821be06214554717c

I had always interpreted that as text, not an image of text, even without the definition link. It probably hasn’t come up for me as an image of text  would fail the 1.4.5 SC anyway (I can’t think of a reasonable instance which would fall into the exceptions), and I don’t recall anyone trying!

For 3.1.5 Reading Level, again, I think it depends on whether you think adding the link changes the meaning. I had not, so whether it was linked or not, I’d read that as (non-image) text.

The data-lt attribute is used to add singular or pluralised versions (which even the main text isn’t), so this should work:
<dfn … data-lt="block of text">blocks of text</dfn>
If it doesn’t match, I think it will get an obvious read underline.

Re #3707, yes, the only change is in the last line from “WCAG 2.1” to “WCAG 2”.

Input purpose: I agree that customisation is part of the intent, but the thinking was that it isn’t “about the user”, which is how the SC is framed. That is a key aspect when defining which inputs are in or out of scope. For example, some inputs which ask for a name may not be about the user, so wouldn’t be in scope. If that is how the SC is scoped, then transaction amount doesn’t fit in.

I’ve moved two of the PRs into the ‘for discussion’ column in the project board<https://github.com/orgs/w3c/projects/56/views/1>.

Kind regards,

-Alastair