Re: Target size updates

Yep that is simpler and the same — but it points out a flaw in both.

Imagine a circle button next to a rectangular button.       The two overlap by one pixel  you need to use a horizontal line — and that would be from the tip of the circle to the bottom corner of the square button — which is way too strict.   The buttons almost completely miss each other and should be treated with diagonal.

How go fix.  Hmmmmmmm

I think (maybe) you can treat them all as diagonals

Try this out.

“Target offset: length of the longest possible line (at any angle) that starts at an edge of a target (A), intersects a second edge of A, and ends at the closest edge of a second target (B).  The offset includes the target and spacing around the target.”

Which case does this not work for?
(I’m sure I’m missing something - but I can’t find it)

I also think it is more accurate to retitle this  "Target with offset"     OR    "Target plus offset"    OR     Target+Offset
This is what we are ACTUALLY measuring — and it eliminates the second sentence which is correct but doesnt make sense at the same time

“Target plus offset: length of the longest possible line (at any angle) that starts at an edge of a target (A), intersects a second edge of A, and ends at the closest edge of a second target (B).”

The the SC also makes more sense      "the Target plus offset   (must be at least 24 px)

gregg

Gregg Vanderheiden
gregg@vanderheiden.us