Re: Notes re a roadmap to reaching consensus

Thanks

This is helpful.

There are still lots of unanswered questions  — and I’m not sure how these will play out — if they will work.  But I can see where you are thinking / looking.

I’ll hold on the other questions since most have to deal with the other techniques and approaches you say might play into this — and trying to explore them all in this thread would make it explode.

For now I will say that

1) I have reservations on use of scoring or severity at the basic regulatory level.
 - and these reasons have to do with equity  -  where (almost) everything is severe for someone - and the fact that scoring always is game-able leaving people out at the judgment of the author (sometimes smaller numbers (tens or hundreds of thousands), sometimes more)

2) I think that there IS a place for them at higher levels beyond what is required to get extra points.  Companies are now doing that.

3) I think assertions of process prototocols have a role that is testable but not outcome based.

All the best working on these ideas to see which work and which don’t.

My best suggestions though - are
 if an approach has a fatal "con" - then we should focus on how to figure that one out - rather than back burnering it and exploring all the other aspects.
Be sure to test all ideas with a wide range of SC and not just the ones that are easy for the concept.  Maybe randomly sample SC + pick any that look troublesome  (rather than use the sweet ones)

All the best