From: Gregg Vanderheiden RTF <gregg@raisingthefloor.org>
Sent: Monday, 19 September, 2022 7:32 PM
To: GLWAI Guidelines WG org <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Notes re a roadmap to reaching consensus

Hi all

I wrote this before TPAC but was asked by the Chairs to hold off - since they had an orderly way mapped out to discuss topics at the TPAC.   Which sounded wise - so I held back.

Unfortunately I was unable to attend TPAC - so I am not privy to what went on there - but from the notes and powerpoint it looks like a lot of good ideas.

I am sending this on — NOT as an alternative to what was done there (I don’t know it all) and I look forward to revising my thinking based on reports from there and our further discussions.  But I think the attached thoughts are helpful to throw into the pot as we discuss WCAG 3.x going forward.

So here there are.

As I note in my sign off of the document - I submit this with some trepidation.  But it will be good to discuss these.   And I REALLY think it would be good to have the stay poll I suggest to see if where we are and are not in agreement.  I often think that - if I listen carefully - people agree on a lot more than they think they do - and preaching to the choir on what needs to be done - when the problem is just that we can’t figure out HOW to do it with all the goals and constraints we have and trying to find something that solves both.

Best

Gregg

Amazon Development Center Austria GmbH
Brueckenkopfgasse 1
8020 Graz
Oesterreich
Sitz in Graz
Firmenbuchnummer: FN 439453 f
Firmenbuchgericht: Landesgericht fuer Zivilrechtssachen Graz