From: Bruce Bailey
Sent: Tuesday, August 2, 2022 5:34 PM
To: AGWG Chairs <group-ag-chairs@w3.org>
Cc: WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Subject: RE: CFC Move WCAG 2.2 to Candidate Recommendation (Revised)

-1 because of other -1 which I would prefer to see discussed.

This is nitpick, may be editorial, and is not my reason for a -1 vote.

The Exception in 3.3.7 is not a full sentence and does not follow the pattern of any other 2.0/2.1/2.2 exception.  Please accept my apologies for not spotting this sooner.

WCAG 2.0 exceptions in SC are part of the main body of the SC.  With 2.1 (and now 2.2) we mostly use the word “Exception” followed by the exception.  Those exceptions are full stand-alone sentences, and are sensible when read outside of the context of the SC.

3.3.7 Current:

Exception: When the cognitive function test is to recognize objects, or content the user provided to the website.

It should be something like:

Exception:  An authentication process may rely on content that the user provides to the website and cognitive function tests that are limited to recognizing objects.

Editorial (but dates to 2.0), please see last line of first note under definition for Relative luminance<https://w3c.github.io/wcag/guidelines/22/#dfn-relative-luminance> -- the ending period should be inside the parenthesis.