From: Gregg Vanderheiden <gregg@vanderheiden.us>
Date: Tuesday, August 2, 2022 at 11:40 AM
To: "w3c-waI-gl@w3. org" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Subject: Re: CFC Move WCAG 2.2 to Candidate Recommendation (Revised)

-1 to CFC for CR

I sent some suggested changes to  NOTES in the  Flash (seizure) provision definitions of WCAG to clarify how these SC would apply to new screen resolutions and color spaces.

These are NOT normative changes - only text added to notes or added notes to the definitions of the terms used in the SC.    The current notes are out of date - and the changes would bring the text up to date before we freeze 2.2  which is likely to be around for awhile

I sent a note to the Chairs last week asking asking them how to proceed. They haven’t had a chance to get back to me yet - but I presume these notes changes should be done before CR.

Sorry to not get them in earlier but it was complicated and Bern and I have been trying to figure out how to do this (and what we could do) without making any normative changes —    and I didn’t know the CR call would come so fast.

I have attached the proposed edits as tracked changes in the Word document attached.

Thanks

Gregg Vanderheiden
gregg@vanderheiden.us<mailto:gregg@vanderheiden.us>