Re: Content Usable pronouns and Tal

Hello,

With my chair hat on, I want to point out that W3 guidance encourages us to
include gender diversity in our personas and documentation. From that
perspective we should work to include Tal as a gender neutral persona.

With my chair hat off, I personally will object to publishing if we do not
include Tal as a gender neutral persona.

Putting my chair hat back on, I would like to find a compromise solution as
a way to go forward and we seemed to be close.

Assuming we keep the persona, I believe we have 3 options:

Option 1) Include the gender statement only in Tal
Option 2) Include the gender statement in all personas
Option 3) Do not add a pronoun statement to any persona

John and Gundala - I believe you object to option 1 and it sounds like that
stance is non-negotiable.

Lisa has serious concerns about option 2 potentially leading to confusion
when a gender specific persona is read without understanding the persona
set as a whole.

I would like to suggest option 3 (no pronoun statements at all) as a middle
ground. John - you had argued for that in an earlier email. Can you live
with it now?

Other thoughts?

I do want to note that both COGA and AG will need to agree so COGA
participants weighing in here would be helpful.  I appreciate the continued
respectful dialogue to work this out.

Thank you,

Rachael