Re: Content Usable pronouns and Tal

Hello all,

I'm hoping that my comments below don't further complicate or confuse this
conversation, but after reading the conversation that followed, I connected
directly with a researcher who has done a lot of work around the
intersection of cognitive and gender diversity in order to better
understand how important it is that we include a non-binary persona.

This researcher confirmed the following:

   - Choosing to use one's name instead of a pronoun (as Rachael proposed
   in option 3) is an approach that will be recognized and appreciated by the
   community we are trying to include, as it is both a personal preference,
   and also a self-protective preference that offers more subtly.
   - There is a higher than average prevalence of individuals with
   cognitive difference also identifying as non-binary; these individuals are
   left out in so many ways that it would be a small and positive gesture for
   us to include them in the Tal persona.
   - A good resource to help think of the importance of this single
move: Gender
   Dysphoria and People with Intellectual Disability
   <http://www.intellectualdisability.info/mental-health/articles/gender-dysphoria-and-people-with-intellectual-disability>

Additionally, given the link to the emerging style recommendation from EOWG
that Laura referenced
<https://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/wiki/Style#Personas_and_use_cases>, and given
that we do have many personas, including Tal as a non-binary individual who
prefers to be referred to by name feels like an important thing for us to
do.

Rain