Re: Target Size (Min)

On 18/03/2021 11:00, Patrick H. Lauke wrote:
> On 18/03/2021 10:52, Alastair Campbell wrote:
>
>> I don't think people will read into the SC text anything about it
>> being big enough to hit vs spaced enough not to miss. That will come
>> from the top paragraph of the intent, which conveys that pretty well:
>> "The intent of this Success Criterion is to ensure targets can easily
>> be activated without accidentally activating an adjacent target. [...]"
>
> Even that first sentence states the two things though "easily be
> activated" is not necessarily the same as "without accidentally
> activating adjacent targets". The SC, with the spacing exception, can
> certainly aim for the latter, but the latter doesn't guarantee the former.

I made a 1x1 pixel button with 23px spacing on all sides. Did I make it
so that it can 'easily be activated'? No. But at least I made it
unlikely that a user desperately trying to activate it would end up
'accidentally activating adjacent targets'.

So to me, still, this is what the SC should be honest about. The group's
intent may well be the "easily be activated" bit. But the SC per se
immediately settles for the latter only. So it should just be primarily
about the latter.

Patrick H. Lauke

https://www.splintered.co.uk/ | https://github.com/patrickhlauke
https://flickr.com/photos/redux/ | https://www.deviantart.com/redux