Re: [Conformance] Third Party Draft Updated

On 22/06/2021 13:20, Laura Carlson wrote:
> IMHO it comes down to training users to enter appropriate text
> alternatives. We have been doing that with content management software
> (e.g. Drupal) and learning management software (e.g. Canvas). Our
> instances have required alt fields. It  helps educate users and
> provides a teachable moment that helps make accessibility practices
> more ubiquitous.

This is a different proposition to user-generated content, where your
users aren't internal users in the organisation that need to use your
CMS, but rather...the general public. Think Flickr, Instagram, TikTok,
etc.  Unless you're suggesting those sites should train all their
general public users before allowing them to post something...

Patrick H. Lauke

https://www.splintered.co.uk/ | https://github.com/patrickhlauke
https://flickr.com/photos/redux/ | https://www.deviantart.com/redux