From: Chuck Adams <charles.adams@oracle.com>
Sent: Donnerstag, 25. Juni 2020 23:21
To: Detlev Fischer <detlev.fischer@testkreis.de>; w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: RE: Focus visible - "unobscure" bullet

+1 to Detlev.  If the 8px along shortest edge is the chosen method, and if that part of the component is completely obscured, the way that the 4th bullet is written means that this scenario passes.  Now if the fourth bullet were to be something like "Unobscured:  The focus indicator is not entirely hidden by author-created content" would change that for me.  Under that situation, an 8px focus indicator (along shortest edge) would pass.

I'm also concerned with the differences in behavior of the various browsers (though I've not tested myself).

Regards,
Chuck