Re: Task testing structure

John wrote:

> If we really are moving away from page-level conformance to 'site-level'
> conformance "score" (no longer just pass/fail), then I assert our spec
> needs to be very clear with any exclusion criteria, as well as how the
> conformance is scoped - in the conformance statement itself.

I've proposed a model that wouldn't allow exclusion, as it wouldn't have a
concept of a whole "site-level" to exclude from, just as WCAG today defines
conformance claims. Would that model work?

Not every site is 'task' or 'interaction' driven - they may also be 100%
> 'push' content (Joe's Blog, with commenting turned off)

The task: read Joe's Blog posts or a specific post. Maybe find out how to
get in touch with Joe via email. Tasks don't necessarily require
interactive controls.

Katie wrote:

> Please if you are aware of any government regulations that are requiring
> WCAG Conformance Claims, I'd love to hear about them.

I only know of one off the top of my head, The State of California requires
"compliance" with WCAG
<https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201720180AB434>
(at
about the level of readable as John notes for conformance claims, so I've
bolded the most applicable bit):

11546.7. (a) Before July 1, 2019, and before July 1 biennially thereafter,
the director of each state agency or state entity, as defined in
subdivision (e) of Section 11546.1, and each chief information officer
appointed under Section 11546.1, shall post on the home page of the state
agency’s or state entity’s Internet Web site a signed certification from
the state agency’s or state entity’s director and chief information officer
that they have determined that *the Internet Web site is in compliance with
Sections 7405 and 11135, and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0,
or a subsequent version, published by the Web Accessibility Initiative of
the World Wide Web Consortium at a minimum Level AA success criteria.*
(b) The Director of Technology shall create a standard form that each state
agency’s or state entity’s chief information officer shall use to determine
whether the state agency’s or state entity’s Internet Web site is in
compliance with the accessibility standards specified in subdivision (a).

-Shawn