From: David MacDonald <david100@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thursday, April 16, 2020 at 11:15 AM
To: WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Cc: Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>
Subject: RE: [EXTERNAL] Visual Indicators

Here's my most recent attempt to save this SC.

Interactive elements needed to progress or complete a process rely on at least 3 of the following to differentiate them from static elements:

·

·         Color
·
·

·         Spacing
·
·

·         Text effect - outline/underline,

·          bold, italic
·
·

·         Font size
·
·

·         Font style
·
·

·         Fill color
·
·

·         border/outline (including

·          shadow, glow)
·
·

·         Icon associated with text
·

except for the following:
·

·  An underline is sufficient

·   to indicate a link is interactive
·
·

·  A color difference is sufficient

·   to indicate an element is disabled
·
·

·  The control is part of a

·   group of controls that has a visual indicator for the group
·

OPTION 4 over here

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1U_NVxB-eIljhYSNcW0A7_2aHt9GwNfLnRF5n_stHrbc/edit?ts=5e989c25#<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1U_NVxB-eIljhYSNcW0A7_2aHt9GwNfLnRF5n_stHrbc/edit?ts=5e989c25>

Cheers,