Re: Spacing Between Touch Targets

Hey Alastair,

> Still, if it helps avoid confusion, we very much want to keep backwards
compatibility (with the intent). We could create an errata, my proposal for
that would be:

> “region of the display that will accept a pointer action* to trigger a
function,*”.

I think that would be much better, yes.

> *Alternative 1:*

> Targets with an adjacent target have a minimum height of at least 44 CSS
pixels including spacing, and a minimum width of 44 CSS pixels including
spacing, except when:

> To me that says the same thing, but perhaps that’s makes a difference in
reading?

That reads the same to me as the current one. The issue is that if two
elements are on the same x-axis, there is no space between them on the
y-axis. To me, that means the vertical space is 0, and if the elements have
a height of 33px, they both fail, regardless of how much horizontal space
is between them. Again, I get that that's not the intent, but that's what I
read here.

I think the way this should be phrased is like this:

For each target, there is an area of the display of 44 by 44 CSS pixels
that includes it, and no other targets, except when:

--
*Wilco Fiers*
Axe for Web product owner - Co-facilitator WCAG-ACT - Chair ACT-R