Re: FW: WCAG 2.2 status update

Hi Wilco
> EPUB SC about not limiting the SC to an arbitrary list of
publication types

The definition of electronic publication is a response to a request from
Shawn to limit the SC to the type of content that really concerned the epub
team rather than other types of web content.

The definition is standard
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_publishing
I don't think the definition is arbitrary. Certainly we could find edge
cases to try to break the definition, but I think that is true for most
definitions in WCAG and everywhere else. I think identifying electronic
publications on the web with this definition would have a high inter rater
reliability among WCAG manual evaluators. It can't be automated easily,
which is true for much of WCAG.

The SC has its origins back to 4 years ago when the epub team first met
with WCAG working Group members.

I think the SC and its supporting documentation is mature, it's been
iterated for 8 months and is getting good support in its current form. If
you have a particular suggestion about a type of publication content that
you think is omitted or should be left out, feel free to make a
recommendation.

Cheers,
David MacDonald

*Can**Adapt* *Solutions Inc.*