Re: Using preformatted text or excluding preformatting text as an exception to no two dimensional scrolling as failure for Reflow 1.4.10

From: Wayne Dick <wayneedick@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 10:05:26 -0800
To: John Foliot <john.foliot@deque.com>
Cc: Joshue O Connor - InterAccess <josh@interaccess.ie>, "Patrick H. Lauke" <redux@splintered.co.uk>, WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
It certainly would be nice to enable young students of computer science
with low vision to read code examples in books.

Each time I read an O'Reilly book I have to cut out the code and pull it
into an IDE with word wrapping. It is a very slow process.

There seems to be no standards for formatting PRE content. Each publisher
tends to have a format, but there are no standards that would permit
reliable parsing.

Best, Wayne