Re: Potential failure technique for WCAG 2.1 SC 2.5.6 - Concurrent Input Mechanisms

On 27/11/2018 08:47, Alastair Campbell wrote:
> Patrick said:
>> indeed the "a mode of operation" part of the normative language does allow for the scenario outlined.
>
> Being strict about it then, I'd argue that if the focus disappears when you use the mouse, that isn't a mode of operation. You've lost focus, and have to move focus to regain it.

You switch between modes, in that example. You could also re-show the
current keyboard focus on any other keystroke if you wanted, rather than
just on focus movement. But the point is: "modes of operation" does not
necessarily mean "concurrently".

Patrick H. Lauke