Re: role = 'img'

Hey Wayne,
I understand the problem you are outlining, but I'm not entirely clear on
what approach you are trying to take? Are you suggesting that you want to
use ARIA role=img to annotate font icons, so that if you write a custom
stylesheet, you can leave those fonts unchanged? If so, it seems to me
there are some problems with adding role=img. With ARIA 1.1 fallback roles,
you can have something like role="graphics-symbol img". Are you suggesting
fallback roles wouldn't be allowed, or that the best practice is to always
add img to the role, regardless of what other roles might be there?

Wilco

--
*Wilco Fiers*
Senior Accessibility Engineer - Co-facilitator WCAG-ACT - Chair Auto-WCAG