Re: CFC - Decision to keep 1.3.4 where it is

I can't live with us not making an attempt at a better analysis of SC 
classifications in general. After more consideration, I've realized we can 
likely have our cake and eat it too for 1.3.4 by renaming the Guideline it 
falls under. I've put my thoughts into a new comment in the existing new 
issue I opened Addressing weak SC classifications #806

Michael Gower
IBM Accessibility

1803 Douglas Street, Victoria, BC  V8T 5C3
voice: (250) 220-1146 * cel: (250) 661-0098 *  fax: (250) 220-8034

From:   Andrew Kirkpatrick <>
To:     WCAG <>
Date:   2018-03-15 08:34 AM
Subject:        CFC - Decision to keep 1.3.4 where it is

Call For Consensus — ends Monday March 19th at 11:00am Boston time.
The Working Group has discussed a change which would move SC 1.3.4 
Identify Common Controls to Guideline 3.3. This CFC is to evaluate the 
apparent consensus to not move the SC. On the WG call there was a lower 
level of support to move the SC than to not move it.
Call minutes: 
If you have concerns about this proposed consensus position that have not 
been discussed already and feel that those concerns result in you “not 
being able to live with” this decision, please let the group know before 
the CfC deadline.
Andrew Kirkpatrick
Group Product Manager, Accessibility


Received on Thursday, 15 March 2018 18:00:39 UTC