Re: SC 1.3.4 - to keep or not?

Alastair,

The whole SC currently is about 'meaning of each input field' - and not
about helping users to have forms autofill for them. Yes, that needs to be
'programmatically determinable' so AT can access the populated values to
check them, but the SC text would need to change.

Also all the support information around it needs to address that this is an
SC about user memory cognitive impairments. This does not address
personalization issues, and the support information needs to drop the whole
metadata tokens rationale, and clearly be refocused provide help around memory
cognitive impairments related to form inputs and provide the rationale to
address this specific user need.

Additionally, if this change were to happen, it needs to be moved to be
under Guideline 3.3: Input Assistance.

** katie **

*Katie Haritos-Shea*
*Principal ICT Accessibility Architect *

*WCAG/Section 508/ADA/AODA/QA/FinServ/FinTech/Privacy,* *IAAP CPACC+WAS = *
*CPWA* <http://www.accessibilityassociation.org/cpwacertificants>

*Cell: **703-371-5545 <703-371-5545>** |* *ryladog@gmail.com
<ryladog@gmail.com>* *| **Oakton, VA **|* *LinkedIn Profile
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/katieharitosshea/>*

People may forget exactly what it was that you said or did,
but people will never forget how you made them feel.......

Our scars remind us of where we have been........they do not have to
dictate where we are going.