Re: CFC - Transition UPDATED WCAG 2.1 Editor's Draft to Candidate Recommendation

On 26/01/2018 20:47, Abma, J.D. (Jake) wrote:
> It would be interesting to see where possibilities for change lie from within the W3C.
> Personally I don't think more time is the key here, three years is way too long.

The minimum amount of time to go from FPWD to Recommendation is six
months (174 days to be precise). It depends on everything going smoothly
of course, but it can be done.

It takes a fundamental change in work mode to do it though. With HTML,
we went from 15 years between HTML4.1 and HTML5, to a roughly 12 month
cycle for 5.1, 5.2, and now 5.3. We had to change quite a lot to enable
this though, and of course those same things might not be as suitable
for this WG as they were for WebPlat.

Léonie.