Re: Identify Common Purpose - resolving issues

Jake wrote:
> I see a limitation in “for each user-specific input field” if we want to expand this SC to also apply to NON user-specific input fields (or even links / buttons)

If we have the list in WCAG, we can use the line at the top of the appendix (there now) to indicate the user-aspect, we can remove it from the SC text.

David wrote:
> ​Now if  we  ​want to address Jake's issue we could go with a variation of his text
>
> “In content implemented using technologies with support for identifying the expected meaning for elements, for each user-specific element that has a purpose that maps to any of the [link]list of common input fields,  the meaning of the element can be programmatically determined.”

I’d be happy with that, and combing those points would leave:

“In content implemented using technologies with support for identifying the expected meaning for elements, for each element that has a purpose that maps to any of the [link]list of common input fields,  the meaning of the element can be programmatically determined.”
(Removing user-specific)

Cheers,

-Alastair