From: lisa.seeman [mailto:lisa.seeman@zoho.com]
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2018 6:55 AM
To: Detlev Fischer (TK)
Cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: Re: CFC - Response to issue 211: Learning Disabilities of America - Technology Committee Comments: WCAG 2.1 For Learning Disabilities and Cognitive Disabilities

-1

I am strongly against any narrative that pretends we are doing more then we are.  For example, I do not see a significant advantage to coga groups from 2.4.12 Label in Name (A) 3.2.6 or Status Changes (AA) as they are currently written.

As a group, and possibly with Judy, we need to serously address why have not included most of the needs user  the issues from coga. We are having trouble getting them though a consensus processes, and we really need to take a step back and reevaluate how we are approaching things.

The majority of the user needs of the biggest group of people with disabilities have not been included. The only way to solve a problem is to name the problem. We are not managing, we have not made a standard that takes into the account most of the needs of most people with disabilities. We have failed.

 However , I would like to see us add that we intend to fix it, and we invite their participation to help us fix it.

All the best

Lisa Seeman

LinkedIn<http://il.linkedin.com/in/lisaseeman/>, Twitter<https://twitter.com/SeemanLisa>

---- On Mon, 15 Jan 2018 11:06:17 +0200 Detlev Fischer (TK)<detlev.fischer@testkreis.de<mailto:detlev.fischer@testkreis.de>> wrote ----
+1 Detlev

Am 15.01.2018 um 07:12 schrieb Andrew Kirkpatrick:

> Call For Consensus — ends Tuesday January 17th at 1:00am Boston time.
>
> The Working Group has discussed responses to the following issue:
>
> 211: (https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues/211)
>
> This item was surveyed by the group:
> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/Resolving_issues_4/results#xq2

> Response to Issue
> 211: https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Draft_Responses_to_Dec_WD_Issues_211

> If you have concerns about this proposed consensus position that have
> not been discussed already and feel that those concerns result in you
> “not being able to live with” this decision, please let the group know
> before the CfC deadline.
>
> Thanks,
>
> AWK
>
> Andrew Kirkpatrick
>
> Group Product Manager, Accessibility
>
> Adobe
>
> akirkpat@adobe.com<mailto:akirkpat@adobe.com> <mailto:akirkpat@adobe.com<mailto:akirkpat@adobe.com>>
>
> http://twitter.com/awkawk

> <https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fawkawk&data=02%7C01%7C%7C54093524ef264326424008d51cd66c05%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636446629619786436&sdata=c5UP0xiniJIppvd6Esu1XA%2FbX1ykpABkhgCCmBp%2Fht8%3D&reserved=0>

Detlev Fischer PhD
Testkreis
http://testkreis.de

Telefon: +49-40-43 18 75-25