From:   Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>
To:     David MacDonald <david100@sympatico.ca>
Cc:     Joshue O Connor <josh@interaccess.ie>, Michael Gower
<michael.gower@ca.ibm.com>, WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Date:   2017-12-15 06:15 AM
Subject:        Re: motion or scaling animations

Hi David,

> If we want slow scroll to be in scope, then I would suggest
reintroducing our time exemption, scoping out animations less than 3
seconds, or 1 second at least.

I don’t think that is necessary.

From the proposed SC text:
“Motion or size animations triggered by a user action can be disabled
without preventing the action, unless the animation is essential to the
functionality or the information being conveyed.”

Slow-scroll is an animation the author has added to the native
functionality, and not required for performing the action, so is not
“essential”.

It would make a good example in the understanding though.

-Alastair