From: James Nurthen [mailto:james.nurthen@oracle.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2017 11:32 AM
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: Re: CFC - Graphics Contrast

No it would not. 1.4.1 does not mention the word state and include a definition which includes hover. Hover does not fit into the things which fail 1.4.1

Take for example the page https://www.w3.org/TR/UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20/visual-audio-contrast-without-color.html

There are contents, intro, Previous and Next buttons at the top of the page. The only difference when they are hovered is the background color.

The background color is #dde and the hover background color is #aae

The ratio between these is 1.6:1

I would not fail this page and I object to any SC which would fail this. My current reading of this new SC along with the definition of state proposed would and hence I object.