Re: Discussion: Change to SC 2.6.2 Orientation

Hi Jason,
I do understand that exceptions or qualifications to a requirement need to be part of the SC text.
But as I understand it, the intended requirement is fully expressed in what Alastair suggests ("Content does not restrict the orientation unless one display orientation is essential") and has nothing to do with mechanisms for locking / switching. If instead we say something like "A mechanism is available to view and operate content in all display orientations" this can easily be construed by developers as a requirement to include a mechanism on the web page that would be neither necessary nor desirable in most cases. So we start an author requirement by stating something that is normally the OS's business. That seems like a bad design choice to me.
Detlev

--
Detlev Fischer
testkreis c/o feld.wald.wiese

Mobil +49 (0)157 57 57 57 45
Fax +49 (0)40 439 10 68-5

http://www.testkreis.de
Beratung, Tests und Schulungen für barrierefreie Websites