RE: Alastair, Jan, Jason , myself and John have an updated version of

From: White, Jason J <jjwhite@ets.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2017 13:55:36 +0000
To: David MacDonald <david100@sympatico.ca>, Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>
CC: James Nurthen <james.nurthen@oracle.com>, "w3c-wai-gl@w3.org" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

From: David MacDonald [mailto:david100@sympatico.ca]
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2017 8:57 AM

>In content implemented using markup languages, the conventional name of conventional user interface components can be programmatically determined. (AA)

The other thing to iron out with this is ensure that there is not a mixup between "conventional name" as this intends it, and "ACCNAME" which is one way to achieve it.
[Jason] The definition will, I think, take care of this point. We’re not responsible for people who don’t read definitions and who then proceed to misinterpret success criteria.

Thank you for your compliance.