Re: new wording for Undo

Hi Lisa,

> Changes in context definition includes changes in focus. Should we exclude that here?

The requirement is that users can return to the previous context (or step), it doesn’t need to say how, so I don’t think we need to specify that.

I’m not clear what “non-dependant” data is, in previous comments I said I didn’t think it was needed. (Maybe someone else suggested that was needed?)

Was there a problem with the one iterated with David & Jason? Making a couple of tweaks:

When data is entered in a sequence of steps that need to be completed in order to accomplish an activity, users can return to any previous step to make corrections without loss of data, except when:

•            it would undermine privacy or security;

•            the user has confirmed the data entry;

•            doing so prevents an essential function of the content;

•            the data is no longer controlled by the site;

•            the user has not interacted with the site for 24 hours.

NB: I’m not sure the “data is no longer controlled by the site” is needed, if that were the case surely that would (should) have been a confirmation step?

Cheers,

-Alastair