RE: new wording for Undo

From: Alastair Campbell [mailto:acampbell@nomensa.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 8:29 AM
To: lisa.seeman <lisa.seeman@zoho.com>

I'm not clear how that was covered before?

Either you can go back to a step (probably needs to be 'any' step in the SC text to answer Jason's query), or you can't.

I'm not clear how a web-page would enable you to go back, except to allow people to press back or provide links back to previous steps, which is what this covers.
[Jason] "Going back" isn't the only relevant scenario. The concept of a reversible action (which is the terminology used by WCAG 2) is more general. It would include, for example, the "undo" function of a text editing application. Requiring every text editing widget to support reversibility of insertion and deletion operations would of course be desirable; it's also a substantial demand on implementations. I agree with David that it's ultimately a question of balancing, and that reversing steps in a process is one of the reasonable balance points.

Thank you for your compliance.