RE: Moving Issues 62, 63, 71 to the conformance section

With responsive design, these can be seen on the desktop when the screen is magnified.  These are not just for mobile so I don’t think we should say that we need to test on one mobile platform since it does not matter what device that you are using.  My surface PC has a smaller screen that is actually smaller than the iPAD pro.

Kathy

From: David MacDonald [mailto:david@can-adapt.com]
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2017 2:16 PM
To: Kathy Wahlbin <kathy@interactiveaccessibility.com>
Cc: John Foliot <john.foliot@deque.com>; White, Jason J <jjwhite@ets.org>; WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Moving Issues 62, 63, 71 to the conformance section

hmmm...

What do you think WCAG 2.0 requires?

Cheers,
David MacDonald

CanAdapt Solutions Inc.
Mobile:  613.806.9005

LinkedIn

twitter.com/davidmacd<http://twitter.com/davidmacd>

GitHub<https://github.com/DavidMacDonald>

www.Can-Adapt.com<http://www.can-adapt.com/>

  Adapting the web to all users
            Including those with disabilities

If you are not the intended recipient, please review our privacy policy<http://www.davidmacd.com/disclaimer.html>

On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 1:54 PM, Kathy Wahlbin <kathy@interactiveaccessibility.com<mailto:kathy@interactiveaccessibility.com>> wrote:
I agree with John.  We should not say that they have to have it working on one mobile technology.

This is also not an SC.  We are proposing adding clarification language to the Understanding Requirement 2" just before the Notes at the end of the section. https://www.w3.org/TR/UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20/conformance.html#uc-conformance-requirements-head to clarify that different viewport sizes also need to conform to WCAG SC.

Kathy