From: Shwetank Dixit [mailto:shwetank@barrierbreak.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2017 8:13 AM
To: David MacDonald; John Foliot; Michael Pluke
Cc: WCAG
Subject: Re: Length of line

FWIW, I agree with John that character length is not a good criteria at all for this purpose, especially from the viewpoint of non-english languages. I believe the research and guidelines mentioned in this discussion have not included languages from scripts apart from the Latin script (please correct me if I’m wrong) like Devnagari, Gurkumikhi, or any from the CJK ones for example.

I am especially concerned about the possibility of significantly increased ‘hyphenation’ that this could result in (which John also mentioned) causing bigger problems from a cognitive perspective.
—
Shwetank