From:   "Michael Gower" <michael.gower@ca.ibm.com>
To:     Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>
Cc:     WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Date:   01/10/2017 09:15 AM
Subject:        Research on frequency and severity of failures

Alastair wrote:In a typical audit we usually get 10-14 level-A issues, 4-7
AA issues, is that the same for others?

When I was working on a model for accelerating accessibility, I had very
similar questions not only about the relevance of WCAG levels, but the
nature, frequency, severity and remediation efforts for accessibility
issues. I've identified this as a research opportunity, as I did not find
much useful data. I'd welcome any references, data sources or
non-anecdotal findings on this topic.

Michael Gower